Ahoy-hoy!

My place to share lots of photographs of my random crafty, makery, bakery and cookery projects, as well as random thoughts that might strike me and are too long for Twitter...

Sunday 13 October 2013

Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!



Trout River Pond, Gros Morne, NFLD.
 
 
Jealous as I am that you get an extra day off and I don't, I thought I'd share a few of the things about Canada I'm thankful for...

♥ The seemingly never-ending stream of hot men. Bryan Adams. Michael Buble. Ryan Reynolds. Michael J Fox. Mike Fisher. Patrick Sharp. I could go on forever if we go on to hockey players, so I won't. You get the idea. :)

♥ Tim Horton's. Particularly hot chocolate and Boston Creams. OMG. Screw you, Starbucks and Krispy Kreme, Timmy Ho's is where it's at.



♥ Great friends. :) I know, I know, The Canadian Stereotype is all nice nice nice, but most of the ones I've met have been, and then some. And the ones that aren't are just the exceptions that prove the rule. :P

♥ Poutine. I know we get chips, cheese and gravy over here...But it's just not the same.

FYI...That's a Medium portion. There was a Large. I would have died.


♥ Newfoundland. It's the only holiday place I feel homesick for, so it's fortunate "we" (royal "we" - the in-laws) have a house over there. Damn those expensive flights, or I would love to go more often!
Who wouldn't want to go here more often?!




 
The views from our back deck.

 

♥ Maple Syrup. Need I say more? I don't think I do.

♥ The finest Winter Olympic ceremonies...EVER. Bryan Adams, flying moose, and giant inflatable beavers. That can never be beaten.



Chris Hadfield. What an awesome man.

No comments:

Post a Comment