Ahoy-hoy!

My place to share lots of photographs of my random crafty, makery, bakery and cookery projects, as well as random thoughts that might strike me and are too long for Twitter...

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Project: Christmas Cake

So, I decided to cheat with Christmas cakes this year, and use a kit. More specifically, this kit:


which apparently is exactly the same as the Delia Smith one, but the Delia requires you to add more butter, and some salt. I've never tried the Delia one, so I wouldn't know.


All mixed up and ready to go!

OK, I know all frutcake/Christmas pudding mix looks disgusting. But it smelled AMAZING, so just pretend that you are smelling Christmas in a bowl, and not looking at something bearing a passing resemblance to Santa vomit.

**Many delicious-smelling hours later**

One cake!

It baked a little unevenly, which is odd as I followed the instructions (including making a little paper "hat" to protect the top during baking, which was a b!tch to do), but overall it was a great kit to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment