Ahoy-hoy!

My place to share lots of photographs of my random crafty, makery, bakery and cookery projects, as well as random thoughts that might strike me and are too long for Twitter...

Monday 27 January 2014

Something Different...Graphics.

I was saying the other day that I hadn't done a craft post for a while (seeing as this was meant to be a craft blog and is sadly lacking in that aspect lately!). Truth is, I haven't really done many actual crafts. November and December are always hellishly busy for me, working in retail, and January is usually spent putting myself and the house back together and doing all those things that get neglected during the festive period!

So, whilst not strictly a craft, I thought I'd post a few creative things I've been doing, as suggested by the friend I have done  most of them for!

I love playing with Photoshop, whether that's touching up and editing photographs or making graphics from scratch. Lately I have been making graphics for a good friend's wrestling efed, and the people who play there. I won't explain the whole thing, basically they create characters, those characters have "pic-bases" who are (usually) celebrities, and have banners to go with it for use on forums, etc. So yes, I know the celebrities in the pictures have the wrong names. Creative licence. Just enjoy the pictures. :)

*HEADS UP* Some of them aren't wearing very much. Make your own NSFW/PG13 decisions please. I trust your judgement.

This is the first one I did, for one of my husband's characters. I think he was a little doubting over whether or not I could actually work to the graphics standard he was used to. Given his face I surpassed it. 

That was the first style background I learned to do, and is still one of my favourites. I possibly over-use it slightly. ;)




Backgrounds are easily the most fun bit.

This one is one of my favourites, I'll not go into how to do it, basically google is your friend...If there's an effect you want, someone will have already put a lesson up on how to do it!

Here it is in use. Sad thing is a lot of the awesome backgrounds get covered up!



Spot the difference! There were actual details given for the character's outfit for this one. I love the crumpled lettering...Never done that before.

The finished product.

My favourite effect is DEFINITELY metallics...

Before and after. The font makes a lot of difference...

This wasn't for the efeds, it was a design I submitted for a friend's company logo.


This logo is NOT my original design, I just edited it and added effects.

This one is my original, and one of my favourites. :)


This is one of my all-time favourites. The font is altered/added to, which caused massive problems when I wanted to use it again, because I couldn't recognise it! Free font sites are my downfall. I LOVE fonts. I try to have a different font for each character, though obviously I have my favourites!



Obviously I didn't make this image (or the "R"), just the rest of the text!

One of my other favourite fonts.






So there you go. Sorry for the whorey display of boobs and asses. It seems to go with the territory.

If you are interested in commissioning some graphics of your own, drop me an email or leave a comment below. :)

If you are interested in joining the efeds (and you can fill out an application form correctly, eh Mark?), you can find the best ones here and here.

I don't have characters...I just wanted a pretty graphic! ;)


















No comments:

Post a Comment