Ahoy-hoy!

My place to share lots of photographs of my random crafty, makery, bakery and cookery projects, as well as random thoughts that might strike me and are too long for Twitter...

Monday, 19 March 2012

Listography: 5 Reasons I Know I'm A... Take II

I said I had more of these. I asked my husband what he thought I was addicted to for my "Listography: Top 5 Addictions" post, and without a second's hesitation he replied "Disney World!" I guess what he meant was planning for our Disney World holiday, which I have been doing for almost (like, a few days off) a full year now. So without further ado:

5 Reasons I Know I'm A....Disney World Holiday Planning Addict

1). I have lists.
That has to be the number one reason on a Listography post, right? But seriously, I have lists galore. I have lists of things I'd like to do, lists of things I HAVE to do, lists of things that I cannot come home without doing. I have lists of places to go, lists of places and foods to eat, lists of gifts I want to buy for people and the shops I want to buy them from. My case will be considerably lighter ready to pack for the return journey, as long as I leave the lists in the hotel room bin.

2). I have a notebook.

I love rainbows. I love patterns. I LOVE notebooks. Oddly enough this one is not for the many lists. You see, I will not be able to blog (or make any other kind of internet/computerised notes) on our travels and I know that I will be so mind-blown on the trip that I will have to record things somewhere at the end of the day, so that when I get home I can condense it for my (very big, very heavy) diary, or for my blog. I want to do some fun reviewy things as well as the basic "look at my holiday snaps!" blog (though don't panic, obviously I will do that as well!) so I want to have lots of information and memories to go with my photographs.

3). I have already watched most of the rides on Youtube. At least twice.
I LOVE rides. Well, I love roller coasters, that don't go upside down. I actually plan on trying my first upside down roller coaster this year (at 28 years of age, eep) at Disney (I'm thinking Rock 'n' Roller Coaster). But, I like to know 100% that a ride doesn't go upside down before I get on it. As such, I have watched the ride-through videos of pretty much every ride at Disney World. And by now I've watched so many of them that it doesn't even ruin the surprise, because I can't remember which one is which really.

4). Most of my IE "Most Popular Sites" are Disney/Trip-Related.
Disney Parks Blog. DisBoards. Youtube. Disney.com. Trip Advisor. Universal Studios site. This is how I spend most of my internet time these days.

5). I have already started to wonder "What will I do after the holiday??"
Possibly because I remember too well the post-wedding blues of having nothing left to plan. Partially because Disney World has been my pick-me-up for a year. I'm sure there is life after Disney World...I'm not quite sure how I will handle it though!!!! I guess I'll just have to start planning the next trip . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment